Tuesday 10 January 2017

VHS to DVD

Lots of people have tons of stored memories on tapes that they’d like to transfer from VHS to DVD.  I had an issue a few years ago where I decided I wanted to put some of my wedding memories online for everyone to see.  The problem was, my wedding was filmed on a VHS tape and I couldn’t simply upload the video to the internet.  I first had to convert the tape to a digital format.  I decided to go to an electronics store to buy a VCR that also had a DVD player attached.  It advertised that it you could convert VHS tapes to DVD’s.  I was immediately sold.  I bought the player and kept the receipt so I could return it once I was done.  Having recently been through a credit card debt settlement, I knew that as long as I kept the receipt, the store would take the product back no questions asked.  Anyone who’s racked up as much debt as I have can tell you there are some special instances when you can do things like this and not have it increase your balance.  You just have to remember to return the idem within the given period of time allowed by the retailer.

When I got home I immediately read the instructions on how to complete the conversion.  It was simple enough.  I popped in my tape of my wedding along with a blank DVD.  After a few hours I had a brand new DVD with all the video from my magical wedding.  I used a free movie editing program to upload the video to the internet for everyone to see.  My wife was so amazed by what I had done that she made me a very special dinner that night.

It’s so easy to convert tapes on VHS to DVD.  Just get yourself a player and a few blank DVD’s.  Keep the receipt so you can return the player once you’re done.  This way you’re credit will remain in tact and you get all the use you need out of the player!

No comments:

Post a Comment